Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Isabel Trautwein

I've been chosen the Poet Laureate of the City of Cleveland Heights and will be installed April 20 at Cleveland Heights City Hall. Recently, I went to a pot luck in honor of this fact and met many wonderful folks. One person in particular is Isabel Trautwein a violinist. She played a few pieces of Bach, J.S. Bach and they were wonderful. She works with the Rainey institute in Cleveland's Hough Neighborhood and I was moved to post this since I have had the privilege of working with this fine institution.
I am hoping to exact some modicum of change in the culture school aged youth in the Cleveland Heights-University Heights community as poet laureate of Cleveland Heights. Prayers, cherished.

1 comment:

Rylla said...

How very cool and perfect. Such lucky Clev/Univ Heights kids. Hello and congrats from Switzerland, from a long time fan. David, kids and I are thriving in Basel, Switzerland, awaiting your visit. Heard a didgeridoo yesterday, thought of you and well, here we are. More soon.